The Barcelona Beer Festival 2015 , ie the beer festival, is ready and it has already date for next year. It will be when spring approaches (Love spring!), on 13, 14 and 15 March Like the last edition of the Barcelona Beer Festival , this event for beer lovers will take place at the Barcelona Maritime…
A very remarkable visit to Barcelona, although not everyone else does (even the locals) is the Monastery of Pedralbes. It is a quiet haven from the busy city, full of art and architecture, and lovely to see.
When we speak of the Monastery of Pedralbes in Barcelona, we are actually referring to all of the Museum-Monastery of Pedralbes, which includes the church and monastery. The Monastery, one of the best examples of Catalan Gothic architecture, was founded in 1327 by Queen Elisenda Montcada to house the nuns of the Order of Poor Clares.
Visit calmly Pedralbes Monastery allows us to recreate what life was like in the Poor Clares thanks to good state of preservation of the Monastery.
The featured parts of the Monastery of Pedralbes are:
- Chapel of San Miguel: It is certainly one of the most beautiful rooms of the monastery. It is covered with beautiful paintings in 1346 .
- Church: Composed of a single ship headed by a Gothic altar , the church of the monastery is a beautiful temple with little decoration which highlights the striking stained glass.
- Tomb of Queen Elisenda de Montcada.
- Cloister: The cloister of the Monastery of Pedralbes is a beautiful place . You miss observing vegetation and making photos. It is a place full of harmony and peace space.
- Cells day: Are the rooms in which the Poor Clares withdrew for personal recollection. They are located around the cloister.
- Bedroom: The bedroom of ancient religious today hosts the exhibition “Treasures of the monastery ” where works of great artistic value and other items of daily use of the nuns is.
- Kitchen: Certainly one of the most interesting places to see. The kitchen was used until 1983 , and until that date were incorporated technical improvements necessary to meet the nutritional needs of the community. Initially it was a simple , high ceiling and a fireplace in the floor space. Over the centuries, would adding sinks , stoves , butane stove , cold room, hot water heaters , etc. .
Monastery of Pedralbes Schedules:
From 1 October to 31 March
Tuesday to Friday from 10 AM to 2 PM
Saturday and Sunday : 10 AM to 5 PM
From April 1 to September 30
Tuesday to Friday from 10 AM to 5 PM
Saturdays : 10 AM to 7 PM
Sundays from 10:00AM to 8 PM
Tickets: € 7
TRANSLATE // TRADUCIR: Spanish
Licenciada en Periodismo y enamorada de Barcelona desde 1986. Disfruto escribiendo posts y haciendo fotos de mi ciudad natal para BCN City Hotels, tarea que combino con la comunicación y el marketing online y que me mantienen siempre hiper-conectada a Internet.
View all contributions by Elisabet Gómez
For which we constantly move in public transport, 2015 will start with good news as ticket T-10, the most widely used transport card, lows its price for the first time in a long time. Possibly for both tourists and locals, T-10 is the most used transport ticket to take underground and bus (or tram) in Barcelona, is…
Millions of people come each year Barcelona. Roam our streets, visit our monuments, meet our people … but when it arrives the moment to buy a souvenir from Barcelona to take home as a souvenir or gift to our family or friends, do not know what to choose or what souvenir from Barcelona buy ….
We talk about Gaudí and his works as much as we can in this blog , we know. However, we have not had too many occasions to write about Casa Vicens, one of the buildings made in Gaudí least known of the city and that so far in 2014, although it is not open to the…
Some call Feria de Santa Lucia and others, especially Barcelona inhabitants, Fira de Santa Llúcia. Whatever the name (Spanish or Catalan), we clear what we mean: our Christmas market in front of the Cathedral of Barcelona, which will begin on November 28 this year until December 23, the night before Santa Claus visit our homes…