TRANSLATE // TRADUCIR: SpanishLa Mercè 2014 is coming! And thus concerts each year draw thousands and thousands of people on the street:-) Once again, the city of Barcelona has made a strong commitment to musical performances. You have enjoyed the concert every year during La Mercè, you already know that the Plaça Catalunya, right in…
TRANSLATE // TRADUCIR: Spanish
A very remarkable visit to Barcelona, although not everyone else does (even the locals) is the Monastery of Pedralbes. It is a quiet haven from the busy city, full of art and architecture, and lovely to see.
When we speak of the Monastery of Pedralbes in Barcelona, we are actually referring to all of the Museum-Monastery of Pedralbes, which includes the church and monastery. The Monastery, one of the best examples of Catalan Gothic architecture, was founded in 1327 by Queen Elisenda Montcada to house the nuns of the Order of Poor Clares.
Visit calmly Pedralbes Monastery allows us to recreate what life was like in the Poor Clares thanks to good state of preservation of the Monastery.
The featured parts of the Monastery of Pedralbes are:
- Chapel of San Miguel: It is certainly one of the most beautiful rooms of the monastery. It is covered with beautiful paintings in 1346 .
- Church: Composed of a single ship headed by a Gothic altar , the church of the monastery is a beautiful temple with little decoration which highlights the striking stained glass.
- Tomb of Queen Elisenda de Montcada.
- Cloister: The cloister of the Monastery of Pedralbes is a beautiful place . You miss observing vegetation and making photos. It is a place full of harmony and peace space.
- Cells day: Are the rooms in which the Poor Clares withdrew for personal recollection. They are located around the cloister.
- Bedroom: The bedroom of ancient religious today hosts the exhibition “Treasures of the monastery ” where works of great artistic value and other items of daily use of the nuns is.
- Kitchen: Certainly one of the most interesting places to see. The kitchen was used until 1983 , and until that date were incorporated technical improvements necessary to meet the nutritional needs of the community. Initially it was a simple , high ceiling and a fireplace in the floor space. Over the centuries, would adding sinks , stoves , butane stove , cold room, hot water heaters , etc. .
Monastery of Pedralbes Schedules:
From 1 October to 31 March
Tuesday to Friday from 10 AM to 2 PM
Saturday and Sunday : 10 AM to 5 PM
From April 1 to September 30
Tuesday to Friday from 10 AM to 5 PM
Saturdays : 10 AM to 7 PM
Sundays from 10:00AM to 8 PM
Tickets: € 7