TRANSLATE // TRADUCIR: SpanishThere are many impressive buildings in Barcelona. Many! But stroll along Diagonal Avenue and find a castle with huge towers shaped tip leaves is incredible!! And this is exactly what happens with La Casa de les Punxes, a work of modernist architect Puig i Cadafalch. La Casa de les Punxes is also known as…
TRANSLATE // TRADUCIR: Spanish
A very remarkable visit to Barcelona, although not everyone else does (even the locals) is the Monastery of Pedralbes. It is a quiet haven from the busy city, full of art and architecture, and lovely to see.
When we speak of the Monastery of Pedralbes in Barcelona, we are actually referring to all of the Museum-Monastery of Pedralbes, which includes the church and monastery. The Monastery, one of the best examples of Catalan Gothic architecture, was founded in 1327 by Queen Elisenda Montcada to house the nuns of the Order of Poor Clares.
Visit calmly Pedralbes Monastery allows us to recreate what life was like in the Poor Clares thanks to good state of preservation of the Monastery.
The featured parts of the Monastery of Pedralbes are:
- Chapel of San Miguel: It is certainly one of the most beautiful rooms of the monastery. It is covered with beautiful paintings in 1346 .
- Church: Composed of a single ship headed by a Gothic altar , the church of the monastery is a beautiful temple with little decoration which highlights the striking stained glass.
- Tomb of Queen Elisenda de Montcada.
- Cloister: The cloister of the Monastery of Pedralbes is a beautiful place . You miss observing vegetation and making photos. It is a place full of harmony and peace space.
- Cells day: Are the rooms in which the Poor Clares withdrew for personal recollection. They are located around the cloister.
- Bedroom: The bedroom of ancient religious today hosts the exhibition “Treasures of the monastery ” where works of great artistic value and other items of daily use of the nuns is.
- Kitchen: Certainly one of the most interesting places to see. The kitchen was used until 1983 , and until that date were incorporated technical improvements necessary to meet the nutritional needs of the community. Initially it was a simple , high ceiling and a fireplace in the floor space. Over the centuries, would adding sinks , stoves , butane stove , cold room, hot water heaters , etc. .
Monastery of Pedralbes Schedules:
From 1 October to 31 March
Tuesday to Friday from 10 AM to 2 PM
Saturday and Sunday : 10 AM to 5 PM
From April 1 to September 30
Tuesday to Friday from 10 AM to 5 PM
Saturdays : 10 AM to 7 PM
Sundays from 10:00AM to 8 PM
Tickets: € 7
TRANSLATE // TRADUCIR: SpanishBarcelona and Modernism are concepts that usually appears together. For that reason you can you find modernist buildings round a corner where you do not expect, and it is fantastic stopping to watch them and make photos althought can not go inside. This is the case of the Palau Montaner, a modernist palace…
TRANSLATE // TRADUCIR: SpanishEven there are many people who do not know Palau Güell and do not visit it. It’s a real shame, because it is beautiful building designed by Gaudí and it is located in the city center. The building stood out for its innovative conception of space and light. Also, one of the main…
TRANSLATE // TRADUCIR: SpanishYou know that tapas in Barcelona is one of our favorite blog topics. We have often spoken of them, although it is true that we have spent talking mainly of typical tapas bars in Barcelona and made several initiatives in the city that certain weekdays promote free cover or lid low cost….
TRANSLATE // TRADUCIR: SpanishThere is plenty to do in our city if you come to Barcelona with children. Although it is clear that there are a number of monuments and views of Barcelona you should not miss in Barcelona although you come with small children (plus they can also make them perfectly), you are probably thinking…