FIRE back to Barcelona, the International Film Festival of gay and lesbian films.
The new edition of FIRE! will take place from 2 to 13 July will take place in Barcelona. The event invites you to celebrate hedonism and attitude of ‘Glam’ as an expression of freedom. With the motto ‘We can be Heroes’ Bowie, inspired by his artistic influence, and the magnetism of his person as ethical and aesthetic reference to a way of being, feeling and creating.
Bowie is universal. Pop icon and hero, music, film, fashion, a visionary with attitude; a total artist. A new edition of FIRE! also want to be challenged and reflecting on bisexuality, breaking stereotypes about beauty each of us, our courage, feelings, commitment, and uniqueness. And also on our limits.
But these are not movies only for gay and lesbian audience. With the current nickname Mostra FIRE! the festival draws the attention of a public hipster lover of cinema. Not just the gay area, but above all, of all people interested in human rights, good movies, music, and other artistic expressions.
This new edition of FIRE! pays special attention to bisexuality and European cinema: Poland, Slovenia, Germany, Finland and the UK.
In advance of the program highlights:
- “In the Name of …” Malgoska Szumowska , multi award-winning inaugural Mostra film on the moral struggle of a Polish priest .
- “Les Rencontres d’ après minuit ” by Yann Gonzalez, one of the most unique work of Film Festival ; test led to a dramatic cinema with stars like Eric Cantona , Béatrice Dalle and Fabienne Babe .
- “Gore Vidal , The United States of Amnesia ” by Nicholas D. Wrathall , a portrait of one of the geniuses of the twentieth century that has most influenced the world of literature , cinema , politics, the historical debate and the culture wars .
- “A Liar’s Autobiography : The Untrue Story of Monty Python’s Graham Chapman” Bill Jones, Jeff Simpson and Ben Timlett , a posthumous tribute , unprejudiced and comic about the life of Graham Chapman, one of the founders of Monty Python.
- “52 Tuesdays” Sophie Hyde , who speaks about the passage from adolescence to maturity of a girl whose mother is in the process of gender reassignment.
Licenciada en Periodismo y enamorada de Barcelona desde 1986. Disfruto escribiendo posts y haciendo fotos de mi ciudad natal para BCN City Hotels, tarea que combino con la comunicación y el marketing online freelance y me mantienen siempre conectada y en continuo aprendizaje.