Barcelona Tourist Tax is a tax on accommodations you must pay when you come to the city. Many people do not know about it and when accommodation ask them for pay, guests feel disappointed or unpleasantly surprised. Actually, this is a fairly low tax, but it is precisely the lack of information making when tourists come…
We want your trip to Barcelona were perfect and therefore do not want to scare, so we will give you a few safety tips when you travel to our city. As you can see, most safety tips we give are applicable to any destination you choose.
- Be careful with your luggage! Especially when you are at the airport, station or port. These are places of great influx of people. For convenience, we recommend that you ask at your accommodation if there is luggage storage service once you leave the room.
- Beware of your belongings! Be especially careful with your purse, wallet, camera, phone and the like when you’re walking around, having a drink on a terrace, on the beach and even on public transport. Watch well and avoid trouble.
- It is advisable to take the money and credit cards in interiors and front pockets.
- The sale of beverages in public is illegal. To buy them, is illegal too
- If you circulate cycling in Barcelona, do it for the bike path and maximum 30 km/h. If you share space with pedestrians, remember that they have priority. If you circulate bike night, you should carry lights.
- Beware of scams street: Trileros, hawking, people asking for money or unknown causes or entities cleaner. Beware.
We do not want you to think that Barcelona is an unsafe city. It is just a city with many inhabitants and many tourists and that sometimes entails certain problems.
Remember that if you have an emergency you can always call 112.
TRANSLATE // TRADUCIR: Spanish
Licenciada en Periodismo y enamorada de Barcelona desde 1986. Disfruto escribiendo posts y haciendo fotos de mi ciudad natal para BCN City Hotels, tarea que combino con la comunicación y el marketing online y que me mantienen siempre hiper-conectada a Internet.
View all contributions by Elisabet Gómez
Valentine’s Day has a special peculiarity on 2015, it is on Saturday. That makes it an ideal time to come visit Barcelona taking the date of lovers. What better gift for your lover to a trip to Barcelona on Valentine’s Day? If you can take advantage and make an express escape in Barcelona, you will see…
We love Sundays because they are the days when we wake up late and almost all rested but, if you are visiting Barcelona, do you know what to do on a Sunday in Barcelona? Sunday is a typical day in Barcelona to do activities such as go to Tibidabo amusement park, go to the zoo or…
The Cathedral of Barcelona, really called Cathedral de la Santa Creu i Santa Eulalia, is a Gothic cathedral and one of the most precious religious monuments in Barcelona. It was Built between the thirteenth and fifteenth centuries. Barcelona’s Cathedral ( not to be confused with the so-called Catedral del Mar ) is a clear example of…
We love Christmas for the lights, giant Christmas trees in our city, Barcelona center full of happy people with bags and, above all, by the illusion of children. And it is the illusion of children so more comes up with moments like the Three Kings Parade in Barcelona. But it is not the only time and…