Barcelona Tourist Tax is a tax on accommodations you must pay when you come to the city. Many people do not know about it and when accommodation ask them for pay, guests feel disappointed or unpleasantly surprised. Actually, this is a fairly low tax, but it is precisely the lack of information making when tourists come…
We always like to speak from our experience and we like to be honest. For this reason, as many of you know, we have to anticipate that park in Barcelona is not an easy task.
The people of Barcelona who have cars, most have private parking. In addition, we are sure that if you ask tips on parking in our city, they will tell you “if you go to Barcelona, try to not drive.”
But it is not so rare. Barcelona is a great city and as such, finding parking is not easy.
But we know that many ever you travel by car, so we will look at some options for free parking:
- On weekends (from Friday at 10 PM), most green parking area becomes free. If you come to Barcelona 2 or 3 days, and it is a weekend, you can park in green area. Not much green area in Barcelona and also in the center of Barcelona is usually supersaturated. Trying to find parking in green area in less traveled places, such as around C/Marina (near C/Doctor Trueta, for example).
- Another good option is to leave it in the University area (on the Diagonal), across North Campus. Always be many seats, especially early and late.
- In Montjuïc, near MNAC museum, you can find several places to park, including parking MNAC which is also free (cars only).
- Parking at La Maquinista Shopping Center is best known by most “seekers of free parking” It is the only shopping center in Barcelona that you can park for free unlimited hours (but remember to collect your car at night!!). The metro (L1) and RENFE and you are next to the city center in just over 15 minutes.
- Also the parking of IKEA in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat (very close to Barcelona) is free. You can take the metro-FGC reach the center right there.
If you come to Barcelona and none of these options you convince yourself because you prefer a private parking, remember BCN City Hotels accommodation chain will offer a 30% discount on parking located next to their hotels and hostels. You have got a cheap rate of 21 € / day have parked your car without worries.
TRANSLATE // TRADUCIR: Spanish
Licenciada en Periodismo y enamorada de Barcelona desde 1986. Disfruto escribiendo posts y haciendo fotos de mi ciudad natal para BCN City Hotels, tarea que combino con la comunicación y el marketing online y que me mantienen siempre hiper-conectada a Internet.
View all contributions by Elisabet Gómez
Valentine’s Day has a special peculiarity on 2015, it is on Saturday. That makes it an ideal time to come visit Barcelona taking the date of lovers. What better gift for your lover to a trip to Barcelona on Valentine’s Day? If you can take advantage and make an express escape in Barcelona, you will see…
We love Sundays because they are the days when we wake up late and almost all rested but, if you are visiting Barcelona, do you know what to do on a Sunday in Barcelona? Sunday is a typical day in Barcelona to do activities such as go to Tibidabo amusement park, go to the zoo or…
The Cathedral of Barcelona, really called Cathedral de la Santa Creu i Santa Eulalia, is a Gothic cathedral and one of the most precious religious monuments in Barcelona. It was Built between the thirteenth and fifteenth centuries. Barcelona’s Cathedral ( not to be confused with the so-called Catedral del Mar ) is a clear example of…
We love Christmas for the lights, giant Christmas trees in our city, Barcelona center full of happy people with bags and, above all, by the illusion of children. And it is the illusion of children so more comes up with moments like the Three Kings Parade in Barcelona. But it is not the only time and…
If you come to Barcelona, you have to know what are “tapas” and you have to taste it. Tapas are small, snack-sized portion of anything, served with a drink. It is said that tapas originated in the South of Spain, but today it is tradition to eat them throughout the country, also in Barcelona. The word…
Barcelona is another European cities that has its own Night of the Museums every year since a few years ago. This year Barcelona Night of the Museums is in May 2014 , specifically on May 17 , as you can see in our calendar section . As you can imagine, is a very special night dedicated…
Montjuïc Castle (Castell de Montjuïc), currently a municipal equipment, is an ancient military fortress that has played an important role in the history of Barcelona and it is well worth visiting. The visit is free. Located 173 meters above the sea, the Montjuic Castle is a perfect place to enjoy beautiful panoramic views of the city…
Since we opened and restyled this blog again we had not write any post about any restaurant, and we are sure that you will love to know where to eat in Barcelona. Today we start writing about restaurant l’Olivé, a good place to eat in Barcelona center. The restaurant l’Olivé is located in Balmes Street…