TRANSLATE // TRADUCIR: SpanishLa Mercè 2014 is coming! And thus concerts each year draw thousands and thousands of people on the street:-) Once again, the city of Barcelona has made a strong commitment to musical performances. You have enjoyed the concert every year during La Mercè, you already know that the Plaça Catalunya, right in…
TRANSLATE // TRADUCIR: Spanish
We always like to speak from our experience and we like to be honest. For this reason, as many of you know, we have to anticipate that park in Barcelona is not an easy task.
The people of Barcelona who have cars, most have private parking. In addition, we are sure that if you ask tips on parking in our city, they will tell you “if you go to Barcelona, try to not drive.”
But it is not so rare. Barcelona is a great city and as such, finding parking is not easy.
But we know that many ever you travel by car, so we will look at some options for free parking:
- On weekends (from Friday at 10 PM), most green parking area becomes free. If you come to Barcelona 2 or 3 days, and it is a weekend, you can park in green area. Not much green area in Barcelona and also in the center of Barcelona is usually supersaturated. Trying to find parking in green area in less traveled places, such as around C/Marina (near C/Doctor Trueta, for example).
- Another good option is to leave it in the University area (on the Diagonal), across North Campus. Always be many seats, especially early and late.
- In Montjuïc, near MNAC museum, you can find several places to park, including parking MNAC which is also free (cars only).
- Parking at La Maquinista Shopping Center is best known by most “seekers of free parking” It is the only shopping center in Barcelona that you can park for free unlimited hours (but remember to collect your car at night!!). The metro (L1) and RENFE and you are next to the city center in just over 15 minutes.
- Also the parking of IKEA in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat (very close to Barcelona) is free. You can take the metro-FGC reach the center right there.
If you come to Barcelona and none of these options you convince yourself because you prefer a private parking, remember BCN City Hotels accommodation chain will offer a 30% discount on parking located next to their hotels and hostels. You have got a cheap rate of 21 € / day have parked your car without worries.
TRANSLATE // TRADUCIR: SpanishAmong the many events of La Mercè 2014, free visit to Sagrada Familia is certainly one of the most prominent and probably most of the audience will move. On 19, 20 and 21 September Sagrada Familia can be visited free previous reservation from the website of Sagrada Familia, tickets will surely take…
TRANSLATE // TRADUCIR: SpanishWhen we speak about markets in Barcelona, we always have in mind Sant Antoni Market or La Boqueria Market, and instead we forget real treasures such as the Mercat Galvany (Galvany market). The Mercat Galvany is located in Sarria, near Barcelona City Street and Barcelona City Seven accommodation. This market is billed as an artistic…
TRANSLATE // TRADUCIR: SpanishOne of the most anticipated events in the festival of La Mercè 2014 is the “mapping”. It will be screened at the City Hall of Barcelona. The mapping consists of projecting images onto real surfaces, usually inanimate, for 3D motion effects or resulting in an art show unusual. Doing on building facades is most…
TRANSLATE // TRADUCIR: SpanishThere are many impressive buildings in Barcelona. Many! But stroll along Diagonal Avenue and find a castle with huge towers shaped tip leaves is incredible!! And this is exactly what happens with La Casa de les Punxes, a work of modernist architect Puig i Cadafalch. La Casa de les Punxes is also known as…